ARBA Mission statement
The Adelaide Roots and Blues Association was formed in Adelaide, South Australia in 2013 and was incorporated on the 4th of December, 2014. It has not-for-profit status and the following broad aims:
- To support and promote South Australian roots and blues artists locally, nationally and internationally
- To promote and foster a wider appreciation of roots and blues music across South Australia
To support the achievement of these aims ARBA is committed to the following goals:
- Produce and disseminate a monthly newsletter.
- Establish and maintain an association website and Facebook presence.
- Become affiliated with The Blues Foundation in Memphis.
- Establish the annual “Memphis Blues Challenge” competition, our annual open, live, judged music competition comprised of “band” and “solo/duo” categories, on an annual basis.
- Give the winners of both categories of the “Memphis Blues challenge” competition the opportunity to compete at The International Blues Challenge in Memphis.